Friday 20 March 2009

Bring on the sunshine


Isn't it amazing what a difference some sunshine can make? Feel so much more motivated and creative this week.  Have even managed to do some stitching after a long,long break. If it looks ok when I have finished I'll post some pictures!

Apart from the summer workshops at Queenswood Country Park I will also be joining Ranger Jim in October half term week a family art event on Tuesday 27th October. We will walk in the woods collecting fallen material and then make a large piece of artwork on the woodland trail. What a great way to spend some time together. 

Earlier this week I had to plan for a workshop for adults with learning difficulties. They are a lovely group to work with but have varying levels of ability so it can be quite a challenge to find things that are interesting enough for them without being to complex.  Came up with a box idea that would act as a gift box for a polyanthus and could then double up as a gift for Mothers Day. I was worried it looked to straightforward but everyone loved it.  And as usual the volunteer helpers came up with some creative variations. Jane suggested it had commercial potential and she would steel the idea. Ha, ha beat you to it! It'll be on Etsy as soon as I've sussed out how to open a shop.

It is one of my own designs. Thought up while I was watching Heston Blumenthal's Tudor feast. Though that did not give the inspiration!




No comments:

Post a Comment